ESCALATOR is one of Talarify’s flagship project and aims to support the development of an active community of practice in digital humanities and computational social sciences in South Africa. The project is funded by the South African Centre for Digital Language Resources (SADiLaR).
We are excited to announce DH-IGNITE, a regional event to bring together humanities, social sciences and computational sciences stakeholders and help foster a community of practice in digital humanities and computational social sciences. Participants will include postgraduate students, researchers, lecturers, librarians, archivists, research enablers, and research management. DH-IGNITE will be hosted in six regions in South Africa between August 2022 – May 2023. The event will introduce concepts related to digital humanities and computational social sciences, showcase opportunities and resources and provide opportunities for participants to connect. Participants can exhibit their work through interactive poster sessions and lightning talks.
DH-IGNITE will be happening in your region on the following dates:
- Region 1: KwaZulu Natal – 18 & 19 October 2022 (MUT, DUT, UNIZULU, UKZN)
- Region 2: Northern region – Date to be confirmed (UL, UNIVEN, UMP)
- Region 3: Gauteng – Date to be confirmed (UP, UNISA, TUT, VUT, SMU, WITS, UJ)
- Region 4: Western Cape – Date to be confirmed (UWC, UCT, SU, CPUT)
- Region 5: Eastern Cape – Date to be confirmed (WSU, RU, NMU, UFH)
- Region 6: North-western region – Date to be confirmed (UFS, CUT, NWU, SPU)
DH-IGNITE will also provide universities an opportunity to showcase how they support their faculties in adopting digital and computational methodologies and interdisciplinary approaches in humanities and social sciences research. The event will be offered in hybrid format to allow participants to join in person or virtually. Universities are encouraged to host relevant workshops directly before or after DH-IGNITE to bring more learning and networking opportunities to their institutions.
Read more about DH-IGNITE: https://dh-ignite.org/
This article was first published on the ESCALATOR website.